It’s really frustrating to work hard at SEO but see no results from doing so. Of course, you must understand that this is a long process whose results don’t appear overnight. Just how long it’ll take, nobody really knows for sure as different websites seemingly get results at different times. With this in mind, here’s some insight into the process to help you become more successful.
What SEO Is
Before delving further into this topic, it’s important to develop a baseline definition for what SEO is. Essentially, this is the process you’ll use for getting free traffic from the search engines. It’s based on an algorithm that’s been create by the search engine itself. This algorithm continually changes, but it’s important to learn to meet its needs because this type of free marketing will save your business a lot of money. Unfortunately, marketing is one of the most expensive parts of running your business. When you invest in SEO you’re increasing the likelihood that people will find you based on the keywords you’re using in your website and they’re using in their search.
SEO is also important when you want to keep up with your competition. Most people don’t blindly search through Google with no purpose in mind. They’re looking for information that will help them choose a product or a service that they want or need. Being visible here will help them choose yours over your competition’s.
4 Important Factors to Always Remember
When you’re working on your website’s SEO there are four important factors you must consider. These include:
- Keywords: These are the important words users type into Google when they want to find your website. You’ll want to think of all of them – every possible combination – and include it somewhere within your website.
- Domain: You want to make sure your name is short and easy to remember so that people will remember to return to it. Additionally, it’s important for your website to invoke trust. When your domain does both of these things, you’ll have better brand recognition.
- Location: Where your business and website are located and what language it’s in will also affect your rankings. If you’re a global company, make sure you use multiple languages to increase the number of visitors you receive and thus boost your ranking in the SERPs.
- Content: Make sure visitors to your website find it easy to use. Although this factor is a bit more objective than others, you still want to make sure your visitors are satisfied enough to want to return in the future. When this happens, your website will rank better.
Things That’ll Impact Your Timing
Timing really is something most people want to know about, but unfortunately there are factors that are mainly out of your control that influence this. These include:
- Competition: There’s a lot of competition from all the websites in existence today. Some have been around longer and are more experienced than you. They’ve spent time getting where they’re at in the SERPs. At the same time, there are also websites who haven’t been around as long as you. None of this should discourage you. Simply put in the work that’s needed and you’ll eventually get where you want to be.
- Speedy doesn’t mean best: When a website quickly gains popularity, Google may decide it doesn’t trust the website. This is a case of “slow and steady wins the race.” If you try to use black hat tactics, you’ll get caught.
- Continuously changing technology: Technology has changed a lot over the past 30 years. The internet has grown so popular it’s now entangled in our daily lives. This is great in how it helps our lives in many ways, but it’s also why climbing the SERPs takes so long: Search engine algorithms are continually changing. You have to do your best to keep up.
The best way to make it to the front of Google is to concentrate on all these various factors. Be patient and put in your due diligence. If you’re too busy to do this, hire the Local SEO Company. They’ve helped other websites successfully climb their way up in the SERPs and they can help yours do the same. Contact them today!