We are six months into 2020 and we can see the coronavirus pandemic interrupting almost all facets of our lives. People are being forced to make major changes to their lifestyles for adapting to the new normal. Most businesses have to brace themselves for the negative financial impact this situation will have as a result of people changing their habits in the upcoming future. It also is the right time to visit the SEO strategies going forward for the businesses. These businesses must understand the SEO considerations as a part of a response to the coronavirus crisis.
1. Adapting to the shift in search behavior: Monitor Google Trends closely. Also keep an eye on Google Search Console and other keyword tools for understanding the changes in search interests and behavior regarding certain relevant keywords or topics related to your industry during the period. Also keep an eye on the performance of your website to comprehend how the customers are converting in the situation and update your forecasting and reporting to factor the coronavirus impact.
2. Comprehend the role of SEO in marketing during these times of change: Although in the shorter term the marketing teams will have to react to the impact of coronavirus in real-time there is a long term nature of SEO that must be taken into account while deciding the marketing priorities. Evaluate the organic and paid nature of SEO for the upcoming months to understand how they can be balanced in the overall schema of marketing strategies in response to the coronavirus impact on your business.
3. Begin executing the 2020 holiday initiatives: There is a long term aspect associated with the SEO as well. You need to leverage it to ensure that the site ranks well during the high-competition and high-volume keywords that are expected to top during the holiday time of 2020. Although the businesses might see short term losses in the upcoming months you can perform planning for the future and optimize the initiatives to ensure that businesses are positioned well for the upswing in the economy.
4. Plan for large scale digital transformation: Take into account the different ways in which the brand may digitize various products and services for future-proofing regarding the possible emergencies and adapting to future trends. In case your business sells some items can you make some of the items available as a direct download? In case the business needs personal consultations for providing the services can you provide teleconferencing as a viable alternative?
5. Impact on website development and technical SEO: SEO is completely dependent on its implementation and the focus must be provided to the ability of the business to do the technical updates. At the time you can expect limited bandwidth and availability of development resources. You can also prioritize the fixing of bugs you are aware of and keep track of the overall health of the website. Make use of the new offering Coronavirus Schema Markup if it applies to your website.
6. Data & Analytics: The data and analytics for the businesses will be directly affected by the coronavirus situation. The various companies need to be mindful of these areas while monitoring the organic search. There may be a decrease in sessions and impressions however, in case the rankings are maintained most declines may be attributed to the impact of coronavirus on search interest. Even if the sessions are maintained the conversions might reduce and it will mean a lack of interest in the product for the moment. Average search volumes are key metrics regarding keyword research. It will also be significantly impacted over time.
7. SEO content strategy for the new normal: It might be a good idea to have a dedicated page for coronavirus situation. You may develop a lot of YouTube content and more videos. Make sure that the content of the FAQ section of your website is properly updated. Take into account the social distancing and isolation in your messaging. The adverts include clean and care instructions suitably for all your products. Be ready for appropriate changes in SERPs and algorithms.
8. Benchmark the competition: Due to the shift toward the digital SEO marketing accelerating, the online landscape will become more and more competitive. As the new content will get published every second the companies will have to know who is outranking them for the niches they are looking to dominate in the SERPs. If you understand the share of voice it helps in SEO marketing. The SEO authority is increased by the identification of websites that may aid the brand to reach its target audience by using paid advertisements or other association opportunities.
During this period of uncertainty, SEO is critical not only for finding out the new products but as a way to provide insight into customer behavior. Understanding the challenges thrown by the coronavirus pandemic at the SEO marketing and the resulting behavior of the clients is key for the path ahead. If you are looking to get professional help for SEO in Tampa, FL area go to Local SEO Tampa Company for a better insight of SEO.