For a brand to be successful in 2023, it’ll need a good, solid social media marketing strategy. This is because more people are searching for things there than ever before. With Google’s new Short Video Result Type, you can use your social platforms to give your organic traffic a boost.
Why should your SEO marketing plan include optimizing for social media?
A growing number of people are using these platforms as search engines. This shouldn’t come as a surprise since over half of the world’s population spends at least two hours on these social media platforms each day. With the growing amount of time that people are spending on these platforms, it only makes sense to use them to bring more traffic to your website.
How do you optimize for these platforms?
When you’re putting together an SEO marketing strategy, it’s important to look at each social media platform differently since each of them has its own algorithm that needs to be optimized. You can’t expect to optimize for one platform and perform well on all of them. However, there are a few things you should always pay attention to (e.g., your keyword strategy and search intent). With this in mind, here’s what you need to know for a few of the platforms in specific.
How do you optimize for Facebook?
With over 2 billion searches a day, this is the traffic you can’t afford to avoid. Here are a few tips to help you make the most of it:
- Add keywords from your business category and description to your profile.
- Use keywords in your content’s captions.
- Choose images of videos that are reflective of your keyword.
- Whenever possible, opt for video content since it performs better.
How do you optimize for Instagram?
This social media platform is great for people who are looking for new products and services. To get your business seen by this audience, you’ll need to:
- Make sure to include your keywords in your name line, bio, captain, hashtags, and alt text.
- Use a combination of 30 popular and niche hashtags that are relevant to your post.
How do you optimize for YouTube?
YouTube is another one of the world’s most popular search engines – second only to Google. Since you’ll want to make sure that your website is seen here:
- Add keywords as close to the beginning of your title as possible.
- In your description that goes above the fold, make sure to use your primary keyword.
- Use your secondary keywords and a call to action in the description that goes beneath the fold.
- Include between 5 – 8 keywords in your tags.
- Use three hashtags that are focused on your keywords.
- Make sure that your video file and your YouTube video title share the same file name.
- Use keywords in your audio.
- Enable closed captioning and auto-generate transcripts.
- Include an ad category.
How do you find enough time to do all this SEO marketing and still run your business?
With so much going on in SEO marketing today, social media Is something more that you need to add to your list. There really are a lot of factors to consider and a lot of things to do if you want to be found at the top of the SERPs today. This is something that we understand at the Local SEO Tampa Company in Tampa, FL. With us, you can trust that everything is being taken care of and that all you must do is focus on running your business. Get in touch with us today and stop worrying about managing your own SEO marketing.